Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lose 27 lbs Playing Video Games? Wiiiiiiiiiii

Video games no longer contribute to fatness and laziness! Well, at least not if your video game of choice is the Nintendo Wii!

A new study by Liverpool John Moores University found that regular use of the new Nintendo Wii video game console could help burn up to 27 lbs a year!

In case you didn't know the Nintendo Wii is a new video game system that requires the players to perform various body movements with the handheld controllers to make the action happen. For instance if your two kids were playing Baseball on the Wii, one of them would have to swing their controller like a baseball bat, while the other would perform a pitching motion. This type of gaming keeps kids moving and buring calories, promoting better health.

Full BBC Article

2 Comments:

Giuseppe Bianco said...

I need to get this Nintendo Wi. I've been eating like a freaking pig lately. Your entire Blog is very helpful. Keep it up.

Jason Glassbrook, CFT said...

Thanks, Giuseppe. Call me if you get one. I'll come right over and play with you! Likewise, I 'll let you know when I get mine!